Birding & Boating – FREE Excursion through On The Canals Program
- Guest All Ages
Enjoy a Birding & Boating Cruise!
An all-encompassing experience on the Erie Canal. Board in Seneca Falls at the docks on Cowing Street at 2pm. The ride to the Montezuma wildlife wetlands does not lack interesting sites. Get the best view of the Van Cleef Lake’s Trinity Church, perhaps one of the most widely recognized buildings in the Finger Lakes. Experience the canal lock system as we descend in elevation. Get a glimpse of the Richmond Aqueduct visible only from the Canal or towpath. At the Montezuma wildlife center, we are on the lookout for amazing wildlife. Everything from bald eagles to a wide variety of other species.
- Narrated lake tour
- Full bar for your enjoyment
Know Before You Go
- The boat departs at its scheduled departure time and will not wait for late arrivals as to not inconvenience the other passengers
- Please arrive 10 – 15 minutes early to board. If you do miss your scheduled time, we will put you on the next available cruise of your choice
- While we encourage you to stop and enjoy the Finger Lakes Welcome Center, they do not handle our reservations, please check in for your tour right at the boat with our Crew.
- Outside drinks are not permitted-on board as we do have a full bar for passengers to enjoy. The bar serves all kinds of mixed drinks, beer, soda, and juice. Cash or Credit accepted.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the boat handicap accessible?
Yes, we are able to get wheel chairs and walkers on and off the boats, it may require some assistance form our staff depending on the water levels.
- Are pets allowed on board?
No, we do not allow pets onboard, please call with special circumstances.
- Is the boat covered from the weather?
The boat is half covered with a Bimini top, half the boat is exposed to the sun.
- What happens if the weather is bad?
If the lake is too choppy, or the weather is too severe, we allow groups to reschedule to later times, or we issue a gift card that you can use within the next two years.
- Are there life preserves on board?
Yes, the orange Type II jackets are provided however, If you are more comfortable with your own lifejacket, please bring it. Life jackets are always required for passengers under the age of 12.
- Is there a bathroom on board?
No, these boats do not have bathrooms on them. There is a bathroom facility at the marina and at other docks that we allow boats to go. We will point them out during your training.